This is an old revision of the document!
A power outage lasting longer than 1 minute will begin to create adverse conditions that can not be recovered from without the attention of Accelerator staff and will take a minimum of 4 hours before operations can resume.
The Operator should take the following actions after power is restored:
1) Silence any alarms that have activated
2) Note how long the power was out.
3) Notify Accelerator Staff of the situation
4) Check the cooling water loop pumps. The controls are located at the entry to the source area. (Ground the high voltage cage). If the green lights are still on no action is required. If the green lights are off push each start button.
5) The source cooling water must also be re-activated. This control is on the side of the cabinet that is against the wall by the sputter source. You may need to hold the “on” switch for several seconds before the pump will remain on.
6) Check the status of the vault cryopump compressors. There is one in the high energy pumping station and one next to the low energy pumping station. If they are running, turn them off. Red toggle switch on the front of the HE compressor, yellow breaker on the rear of the LE compressor. If your beam line has any manual pump gates valves, close them, and shut down your cryopumps if applicable.
7) No action is required in the upstairs mechanical room. HVAC systems should return to normal within 5 minutes of power restoration.
8) If the accelerator was running when the power went out, set all of its controls to the initial “off” settings.
9) Check the status of the magnets. Each magnet control module should be showing a red light for standby or off condition.
10) On the control computer, go to the Restart tab and select “restart all”